Intellectual Property consists of trademark, copyright, industrial design and patent. Nowadays, we can see our local entrepreneur have been allocating particular funds for them to register their trademark and industrial design, to patent their invention and authors to make it into writing when it comes to their works. From the filing of application till the gazette of the application including any objections, oppositions, appeals and arising disputes, each type of these intellectual property demands different procedures and regulations.
This practice area is led by Mr Ahmad Hafiz Zubir who hold a Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property and also a trademark agent. As he has been practicing in this area for 8 years, he is the right person to give the most practical legal advice regarding all matters thereto in Malaysia and also other country.
He recently helped the largest women prayer outfit companies in Malaysia and one of notable hijab brand in registering and licensing of their trademark in Indonesia and Thailand. He has also been exposed in various Intellectual Property Litigation cases including the first copyright infringement case in the world in respect of a Muslim prayer outfit (Telekung).
HZAC offers ranges of services:
- Advice, Search, Application and Registration of Intellectual Property locally and abroad;
- Protection of copyright through notification at MyIPO;
- Licensing and assignment of Intellectual Property;
- Intellectual Property management and valuation;
- Intellectual Property enforcement; and
- Intellectual Property disputes and settlements in contentious matters.